Welcome to Good Neighbourhood! These terms and conditions govern your use of the website located at https://goodhood.life (the “Site” or “Website”). The Site is owned and operated by SHOKU collective (“SHOKU”), and the terms “we,” “us,” and “our” refer to SHOKU and Good Neighbourhood.
The purpose of Good Neighbourhood is to provide a platform for members to upload and review unreleased music. Members can earn points by uploading music, engaging in various areas of the website, and participating in other promotions. Members can then redeem these points in the Good Hood Marketplace for items like music, merchandise, and event tickets.
However, it’s important to note that points cannot be exchanged for currency without the approval of administrators. Points have no intrinsic value outside of the Good Neighbourhood digital ecosystem and cannot be redeemed or traded for anything else outside of what is offered in Good Hood Marketplace and its partners.
By using our website and participating in our community, as well as any other terms, guidelines or rules that may be applicable to specific portions of the Site. We reserve the right to change these terms and conditions from time to time without notice, and your continued use of the Site constitutes your acceptance of such changes.
When uploading music to be reviewed, members must ensure that the music they upload has not been released anywhere else and that it is 100% original and/or have the rights to use any sounds or samples in the music at the time of upload. We also want to make it clear that the Good Neighbourhood website, its name, and its parent company, SHOKU, will not be held liable or responsible for unauthorised uploads of audio files that members do not have the legal right to upload. You, the user, bare all responsibility for the licensing and publishing of audio files on the website.
- Use of the Site Good Neighbourhood is a website where members can upload unreleased music so that other members can earn points for reviewing uploaded music. Members can also earn points for engaging in other areas of the website. Members can collect and redeem points in the Good Neighbourhood Marketplace on items such as music, merchandise and event tickets.
- Member Conduct: Members who upload unreleased music must ensure that the music they upload has not been released anywhere else, and that it is 100% original or they have the rights to use any sounds or samples in the music they upload. Good Neighbourhood and its parent company, SHOKU, will not be liable or held responsible for unauthorised uploads of audio files that the member does not have the legal right to upload.
We expect all members to conduct themselves in a respectable manner when writing reviews and comments on the website, including in private messages to each other. Any illegal activities are strictly prohibited on the website, and members will be held accountable based on the laws that govern the country they are in. If no such law supports the respectable and lawful conduct required to use this website, then the law of the Australian government will be used to enforce and/or extradite any persons who commit any serious illegal activity on the website.
- Content Ownership: Members retain ownership of any content that they upload to the Site (see point-1), including music, reviews, and comments. However, members grant Good Neighbourhood and SHOKU a non-exclusive, royalty-free, worldwide license to use, copy, modify, publish, and distribute any content they upload to the Site under the proviso that it benefits the community at large for use cases which may include, but not limited to; marketing, advertising and collateral for community growth. If may also delete you account at anytime. This will not delete the data you have contributed, but will be purged within 365 days, following the website’s annual website maintenance schedule.
- Disclaimer of Warranties: The Site is provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis without any warranty or condition, express, implied, or statutory. Good Neighbourhood and SHOKU expressly disclaim any warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement.
- Limitation of Liability: Good Neighbourhood and SHOKU will not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, or consequential damages arising out of or in any way connected with the use of the Site, including but not limited to damages for loss of profits, use, data, or other intangible damages, even if we have been advised of the possibility of such damages. As the site is in Beta stage, we do not make any guarantees to the underlining integrity of the systems and architecture that runs the website and its perceived points and good deeds value. We are not responsible for the loss or value (both intrinsic and extrinsic) from the event of a system or architectural failure.
- Indemnification: You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Good Neighbourhood, SHOKU, their affiliates, and their respective officers, directors, employees, agents, and licensors from and against any and all claims, liabilities, damages, losses, costs, expenses, or fees (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) arising from your use of the Site or any violation of these terms and conditions.
- Governing Law and Jurisdiction: These terms and conditions are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the state of Queensland, Australia, without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of law. Any dispute arising out of or relating to the Site or these terms and conditions will be exclusively resolved in the courts located in the country where the alleged violation occurred unless determined otherwise by local authorities.